A Coaching Model Created by Catherine A. Oleksiw
(Transformational Coaching, UNITED STATES)
My coaching model reflects my personal belief that every individual has one or more talents to share with the world. The Universe (or whatever your image of the Greater Spirit is) bestows upon each of us specific resources to use for a Higher Purpose. Our journey here is to open ourselves to these resources and use them with compassion and grace to serve and share.
My model speaks to the desire to create change, to DO IT – to get out of the mental, psychological and emotional space of thought and desire and move to the open air of action.
- DIG IN: Seeking self-awareness
- OPEN UP: being honest with self
- INITIATE: finding courage, taking the risk to change, testing a solution
- TRUST: having faith, trusting and, if need be, trying again.
Goal of my coaching
To provide the client with a safe space to explore their potential and open up their hearts and minds to the talents and strengths that may still be hidden in the shadows of their awareness so they may be empowered to create and attain life goals related to actualizing those talents and strengths.
My audience or client
My client is an active seeker of answers to a pressing issue or an unrealized life goal related to their personal or spiritual journey. In the initial sessions, the client may not yet know the underlying energy surrounding the issues nor the questions that need to be brought to bear in the discovery process.
Engagement of Coach in Coaching Process
- I create a space of no conflict and no judgment so my client can trust that what they share will be accepted as important and vital to the coaching process.
- I listen actively to the client so that I may be a mirror for the client, reflecting back to them their thoughts and feelings, especially fears and doubts that may be holding them back from their own greatness.
- I support the client in opening up new inner territory to explore.
- I provide the client with feedback and resources including structures and new ways of thinking to encourage them to see different perspectives so that they may experience themselves in a new or different light.
- I support the client in setting goals and monitoring their progress.