A Coaching Model Created by Bonnie Duarte
(Transformational Coach, CANADA)
- This is a confidential, safe and trusting space
- A space where clients can be vulnerable and accepted with no judgement
- Encourages all aspects of the clients, the good, the bad and the ugly - which creates the beautiful!
Being Present to Beliefs
- Observe the beliefs you have about yourself, observe the feelings, thoughts, and emotions that surround these beliefs
- Do not attempt to change them, fix them or disappear them
- All too often we want to reduce, remove, eliminate, stop and control the negative beliefs we have about ourselves
- Simply acknowledge them as being there
- Surprisingly, sometimes this is enough for them to disappear
Self Awareness and Reframing Beliefs
- It has been said that what we resist persists - the more we deny our feelings, thoughts or emotions around our beliefs, the more they persist. For example, if we compare this to dieting, if you cannot have the bowl of ice cream that you want, you may want it more than ever! Itʼs human nature - we want what we canʼt have. So do what?
- Be curious about your belief - as in....hmmm, thatʼs interesting...
- Your belief does not define who you are, it is simply just a belief
Add New Possibilities
- Here is the notion of adding to your life - add what is missing, add health, add love, add forgiveness.
- How about adding the possibility of possibility? This meanswe can start to see that something else may be available beyond what we previously knew or saw within ourselves.
Grow the Belief
- Rather than eliminate negative thoughts, consider feeding the positive thoughts. Feed the beliefs that enliven you and leave you feeling the joy of life.
- People have choices; do you choose to feed the thought you do not want or do you feed the thought that you choose to have?
- Are you feeding weeds or flowers?
- Which ever thought is fed will grow or prosper, so feed the thought you want to prosper and grow.
Step into Action
- Without action your goals remain dreams
- Put structures in place to fulfill goal
- Being solution focused vs problem focused
- Establish your supports (people? Give examples?)
- What have you learned about yourself?
- What is next?